Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Let Our Precious Moments Lead!! (Yona's Blog's Version)

 


It's time for the newly-minted traditional hybrid year-end special for the third straight time on this blog (the other is the year-end special video proper on my Facebook page), this time for our 2022 one that's Let Our Precious Moments Lead!!


Similar to the 2021 year-end special, Sulong sa Bente Uno! Follow the Bright Summer Light!!, which themed about rewind memories and the importance of the now, this one tackles about achievements and disappointments, giving on what really happen to our world and affect our lives throughout the year.


With that, let's take a look at the responses of some of my colleagues regarding the Year of the Palmtop Tiger as a whole through their own precious moments!


What are the achievements and disappointments you've witnessed or seen for the year (they can be real life and/or pop culture)?


"Our national women's football team qualifying for next year's Women's World Cup, and especially clinching a bronze at the Hanoi SEA Games, as well as winning the first title in the AFF Women's Championship last July.

Although there were ups and downs, particularly despite last May's elections and the heightening Russo-Ukraine war, 2022 had a batch of good things, and need to know that life has a yin yang between both good times and bad times - two halves to the whole."

- Archive International


"Din Djarin and Grogu being reunited in The Book Of Boba Fett. It's set up very nicely for their Mandalorian return!

Thasmin getting an emotional exit which worked for both of them!"

- Leigh Craddock


"Pros: Sa wakas nakatapos na ng (At last I finally finished) college, seeing the PPop scene grow (pero MNL48 at Alamat, kayo pa rin [ang] top fave PPop groups ko) (but MNL48 and Alamat, you're still my top fave PPop groups), meeting more fellow Whovian moots online. I guess 'yan muna kasi boring ['yung] buhay ko (that's it for now because my life's boring).

Cons: Russia vs. Ukraine, 2022 election results (aka the very worse death sousenkyo in PH history).

- Nightcat, PAKSA MNL writer and Yona Kuromatoki's Interactive Podcast stalwart guest


"As for me, my 2022 moments are the following:

1. Vlogging recovery after more than a year since 2021, when I quit the MNL48 fandom plus the death of my friend who is also a fellow fan that gave me a blow on my life.


2. Disclosure but freedom - what had happened to me last February due to the unprecedented issue gave me lessons. Since I'm a BA History graduate of 2012, this gave me a spark in order to become more serious on information gathering as well as to refute false news in the social media nowadays. The disclosure that made to me by an anime vlogger group (name withheld) also gave me new opportunities to become a freelancer vlogger without any group/s who wants me to be invited to be their member. Well, I will continue to forgive them (and also the ones who made me shamed in the social media) seventy times seven if they could also forgive me too, but if they're not, forgiveness doesn't require reconnection as what TOL told to us in his mental health podcast The Yellow Space. Starting up as a freelancer is not a joke, because people will consider you again as a newbie and you have to build once again the trust that was lost. Yet, I pray to God through Jesus Christ that my vlogging will be guided once again in spite of many challenges I've encountered this year. As what I said many times, magsisimula muli ako... nang mag-isa (I have to start over again... alone)."

- Lean Alvarez, Yona Kuromatoki's Interactive Podcast first guest and The Roaming Historyador content creator


From me, my fam and my mates, have a delicious smiley and sky-highly New Year to all of you! May 2023 will be full of proper good moments, though we'll expect some more bad ones as always, and remembered that toxicity will never ever win, even the real megalomaniacs and their wannabe counterparts of society!

No comments:

Post a Comment