Wednesday, May 27, 2020

CON REVIEW: Pinoy Otaku Festival 2018 [06-02 to 03-2018]


Hooray, hooray! Welcome to my Pinoy Otaku Festival highlights part 3 and let's take a trip down memory lane of its 2018 edition entitled "Ai," or love in Japanese!

Speaking of themes, it was also my first time that an old and a new cosplay to be lined up at the same time in the same con and these were Reina Kousaka (Hibike! Euphonium) and Nishikata (Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san), plus my personal lineup theme would be the school setting coz it was a week before the new academic year began in PH at the time so I chose this.



Like the previous year, the con had more new activities including workshops, the Cosplay Championship League, the battle of the bands and the subs of its karacon - the Japanese translated and the Tagalized Star contests - aside from the YCSF.

Besides the Darling in the FRANXX appreciation rally, this marked the 1st time for Colony Drop Cosplay made their Asian con tour although it was also the 2nd time for Ms. Lorelei anyway, and they had a panel.

The 2nd day of POF also coincided with the MNL48 First Generation Fan Meet and I wasn't able to attend the latter due to sked conflicts, but my elder nii-san became my proxy for it.

Speaking of karacons again, I sang "Shinkyou Projector" by Chika Anzai aka Reina K.'s seiyuu for the YCSF and did a Filipino-translated rendition of "Himitsu Dolls," the ending theme of the Strawberry Panic! anime series originally performed by Mai Nakahara and Yui Horie. I won the latter as the champion of the Tagalized Star karacon and gosh, I just couldn't believe that I finally had another token for the first time in 2 years (until I bagged another one, this time in Coslandia, more than a year later as the 2nd runner up)! 😭❤ Super unexpected but that more than 3 month preps were really worth the wait.



Tearjerkers aside, POF 2018 had a whooping 7000+ attendees which was a 3k more than the previous year. But considering the space and other circumstances, the organizers had decided to move in a more spacious venue beginning in 2019. Nevertheless, it was another blast despite various flaws. If you want to take a look on the 2018 edition, check out my vlogs posted on my page.


And that's a wrap for part 3 of my POF highlights! Tomorrow is the finale part, so better watch out for it. 😊

Photos © Ecko Dizon, Aya Ran Fujimiya, NCPH

No comments:

Post a Comment