Friday, July 1, 2022

Anong Gentle, Gentle?! Introducing Cure Finale!

 



In the dawning hours of June 30, 2022, which happens to be the birthday of Laura Apollodoros Hyginus La Mer aka Cure La Mer, Usagi Tsukino aka Sailor Moon and Chibi-Usa aka Sailor Chibi Moon as well as MNL48 member Dian Mercado and former member Alyssa Garcia, plus the not-so festive and kinda dully as hell inauguration of the highly controversial 17th Philippines president Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr., the identity of the fourth Delicious Party Pretty Cure has been revealed to the world by Toei Animation and it's none other than Amane Kasai, formerly the Bundoru Gang's food phantom thief Gentle, who was appeared at the beginning of the story. She is going to be transformed into Cure Finale starting from the current Pretty Cure season's 18th episode on July 10. Her birthday is revealed to be on November 24, a day after Doctor Who Day, and the birthdays of Madoka Kaguya aka Cure Selene from Star Twinkle and Scottish actress Michelle Gomez, who played the first female Master named Missy from the aforementioned sci-fi show.




With this announcement therefore, Ai Kayano (Darkness in KonoSuba, Hana Mutou in Captain Earth, Meiko "Menma" Honma in Anohana and Kirika Akatsuki in Senki Zesshou Symphogear) will be taking over from Rina Hidaka, the woman who played the aforementioned fighting mermaid queen in the global action magical girl show's previous season Tropical-Rouge!, as the newest midseason Cure heroine and making the third exclusive in the Reiwa era preceeding the former aforementioned and Suzuko Mimori, who played Asumi Fuurin aka Cure Earth in Healin' Good.

Amane will be the fifth redeemed midseason heroine after Fresh!'s Setsuna Higashi aka Cure Passion (voiced by Yuka Komatsu), Suite's Ellen Kurokawa aka Cure Beat (voiced by Megumi Toyoguchi), Go! Princess' Towa Akagi aka Cure Scarlet (voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro) and HUGtto!'s Ruru Amour aka Cure Amour (voiced by Yukari Tamura), and the very first from planet Earth. However, she is also the first midseason Cure from the planet since HUGtto!'s Emiru Aisaki (voiced by Nao Tamura) in 2019 and the fourth to have a sibling (in this case, twin brothers) after HeartCatch!'s Itsuki Myoudouin aka Cure Sunshine (voiced by Houko Kuwashima), Happiness Charge!'s Iona Hikawa aka Cure Fortune (voiced by Haruka Tomatsu) and the latter aforementioned. 

In the Cure series' official YouTube channel, Kayano takes on some delicious smiled questions during a video interview that is posted there. 

Q. "How did you feel when you were chosen to play the role of PreCure?" 

Kayano: At first, I was feeling happy slowly, but it hadn't hit me yet, vaguely thinking, "I'm going to play the role now, I'm going to be a part of this family." When I met with the cast and staff and heard their passion for PreCure, I felt more and more like, "This is real!" Amane (who transforms into PreCure after the Phantom Thief Gentle) has a lot of emotional turmoil, so the staff asked me to play that part of her well, and I felt a lot of pressure. But I was very happy to be entrusted with such a role, and I looked forward to receiving the script every week. I also felt that everyone on the staff was supporting me as much as possible, so I have participated in the recording session every week with the hope of responding to their wishes. 

Q. "What is the appeal of the PreCure series?" 

Kayano: Each PreCure series has a strong theme, and I feel a passionate desire "to convey this to children." I think that the charm of the PreCure series lies in the fact that all the staff members share the same passion and are working hard in the same direction. I feel like my heart is ignited by that passion, and I think that "Delicious Party Pretty Cure" in particular is filled with "warm hearts" (on the production site as well). When I was chosen to play Amane-chan, a friend contacted me. A mother with a young child said to me, "You're going to be in PreCure!" I was so happy to hear that. I felt that "PreCure" is a work that is watched by so many people, even people who don't usually watch anime, and it made me feel like I had to work even harder. I want to to love Amane Kasai/Cure Finale myself, and I hope that everyone will love her too. 

Q. "What is the most important meal for you?" 

Kayano: It must be "mother's food." I wouldn't trade it for anything. Ever since I was a child, the "winning meal" in the Kayano family was always "green pepper stuffed with meat." And, what surprised me when I read the scenario of a little future episode this time was the appearance of "Fruit Punch with Shiratama (rice cake ball)" in the story. I felt it was my destiny because I used to make "Fruit Punch with Shiratama" with my mother when I was a child. On a special day, I was eating it, so I felt I had something in common with Amane-chan. I want to make it again, and on special occasions, I think I will be a little selfish to ask my mother to make it for me (laughs). "Delicious" is something important that can be expanded upon. I hope that "Delicious Party Pretty Cure" will provide more opportunities for everyone to enjoy "delicious." 

As always like all the midseason Cure seiyuus that came before, I'm super excited for Kayano to take on the iconic Pretty Cure heroine role and she'll be nailed it as well. I'm also looking forward to see Amane-tan in action as Finale and what things are in store. 

What do you think about Amane-tan as the newest midseason Cure heroine? Are you excited to see her in action? Comment down below, on my Facebook page and Instagram @yonakuromatoki or my Twitter @goddessyona13. 

References:
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2022/06/29-1/ai-kayano-is-confirmed-as-the-voice-of-cure-finale-in-delicious-party-pretty-cure?utm_source=community_cr&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news_en&referrer=community_cr_twitter_news
https://youtu.be/oATQ8kNu4qs


No comments:

Post a Comment