Thursday, December 30, 2021

Sulong sa Bento Uno! Follow the Bright Summer Light! The Yona's Blog Year-End Special 2021

 


Hello, cockles! You missed me, right?! I was super busy for the past couple of weeks due to work, Heroes Con (plus the first YKIP Live) and recording of my year-end video. But now I'm back again in this blog and speaking of which, our 2021 year-end special, titled Sulong sa Bente Uno! Follow the Bright Summer Light, is a different thing compared to the ones I made in the recent years (except 2018 and 2019) because it'll be focused and themed about rewind memories and the importance of the now. Meaning to say, I won't able to highlight the good and bad moments that shape the year, but instead to pinpoint the pluses and minuses of it in perspectives of ordinary people.

I prepared five questions to four of my mates in order to share their 2021 experiences and here are their amazing and tropica-shiny responses!

1. What are the positives and negatives 2021 has brought you?

"The positives:
1. My best achievement ever in school (Placed 1st on Top 10 and became an Honor Student for the first time),
2. I am able to study in a private school (Yes. That dream of mine became true).
3. I am able to open up to my friends about my mental health.
4. I am able to relax and break my cabin fever by going outside for a walk.

The negatives:
1. Jealousy... Because I am feeling sad, having a simple but lonely graduation celebration, while others have very special graduation celebration.
2. Discouragements. I feel so discouraged because my parents are so mad at me for not doing anything valuable for our family and for taking wrong decisions that led me to regret the decisions I chose.
3. Pressure. It's all because of my parents putting much more pressure to me, just to meet their expectations from me, though I didn't sign up for anything they expected for me."

- Jasper Pernia

"The positive thing that happened this year is me leaving amino and trying to find another outlet to share my art and opinions.

And the negative experience is a tie between this message a received from an irl friend because of my pride month post. And a homophobic comment I received under a drawing of Minako (Aino) and Rei (Hino).

This last one really like ruined my day. I blocked the user who commented it cause I don't want to deal with this sh*t."

- Mostafa

"The positives for 2021, I have my family with me, still studying my course and I will be looking forward to graduating from college next year. I am blessed to be alive during the pandemic. I have cut off from my toxic friends and ex-boyfriend for good. I've met incredible online fandom friends.

The negative for 2021, that I am not able to see the rest of my family due to COVID. "

- Chloe

"Positives is that I got a good job working at a hospital that pays well, I made a Pretty Cure server that's filled with loving people and enjoy the franchise for what it is. The negatives is that I sadly wasn't able to pass my fall semester and sadly I didn't hit my subscriber goal of 10,000 subs."

- Jackson Jordan aka Blazeix

2. What are the things you've been thanked for this year?

"- I thanked myself for having true friends that kept me going, despite all the pressure parents put on me.
- I thanked myself for being able to go on through adventures by going outside walking around.
- I thanked myself for successfully meeting my Oshis in MNL48 last December 18.
- I thanked myself for succeeding my dream of studying in a private school.
- I thanked myself for expressing my creativity through comics.
- I thanked myself for taking risks, though my parents didn't want me to.
- I thanked myself for meeting other local Japanese idols through the use of a Japanese livestreaming app.
- I thanked myself for staying loyal to my original (very first) Kami-Oshi in MNL48, though she was a former member now."

- JP

"The second question is a little bit hard, I don't think I did anything that's worthy of thanks. My co-workers thank me about alot of things but I don't think I really did anything to be thanked for. While in the other hand I have alot of things to be thankful about, like my awesome supportive group of friends. Also being done with mandatory military service, I'm really thankful for that. *laughs*"

- Mostafa

"I am thankful to my family. Always and forever. All of my life.

- Chloe

"I'm thankful for the people who watch my channel and for the friends I've made in the Pretty Cure fandom. I also love the Pretty Cure Club I made and the people in it.

- JJ

3. Do you have comfort stuff (TV shows, movies, characters etc) that keep you sane all throughout the year?

"Comfort stuffs:
- Anime characters: Chiyu Sawaizumi, Sango Suzumura, Mana Aida, and Makoto Kenzaki.
- Anime/TV Series: Kamen Rider Series, & PreCure Series.
- MNL48 Oshis:
- Kami-Oshi (Currently): NekoNyan
- Ni-Oshi: Cole
- San-Oshi: Princess
- 4th Oshi: Ruuuuth~
- 5th Oshi: Dana
- 6th Oshi: Klaire
- 7th Oshi: Miho
- 8th Oshi: Kath
- Real life: True friends and my imaginary gf."

- JP

"I do have a comfort manga and that would be Kase-san."

- Mostafa

"I grew up with Disney, Marvel movies and anime. So they all are my comfort stuff. If I had to choose one it would be Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin. They're my escape from reality every once in a while."

- Chloe

"Pretty Cure (obviously), Mewkledreamy, Digimon Ghost Game, Nodoka (Hanadera aka Cure Grace) from Healin' Good, Laura (La Mer aka Cure La Mer) from Tropical-Rouge!, Healin'♡Tropical, the fan made Cure story (by Raspberry)."

- JJ

4. What are your 2021 amazing moments?

"- I get 2 pentakills this year in LoL
- I get my very first RP
- I met 2 of my Oshis in MNL48: Princess and NekoNyan~
- I've finished 5 of my comics this year.
- I get to have my wishes with my imaginary gf come true by letting me open up about my mental health to someone that understands me well, and to release the worries I have in her own way.
- I got to study in a Private School as a First Year College Student."

- JP

"I don't have an amazing moment of 2021, nothing really happened that really stuck with me. The year was fine."

- Mostafa

"I have been invited to an Exhibition and saw my design work being displayed. I worked so hard to have my entries submitted and I got to talk to the governor that night. And I'm proud of that achievement."

- Chloe

"The amazing moment would be that my YouTube channel that's slowly growing and the people I've met thanks to my channel. Meeting new Pretty Cure fans like Yona and Raspberry."

- JJ

5. What is your message to me (the blogger) and your friends that made 2021 still meaningful?

"To you, I am very glad to meet you because I know you're impressed about my love for Chiyu because until now, I love her as my favorite PreCure character.

To my true friends, I wanna say that I am very glad, because without all of you, I won't be able to keep myself going."

- JP

"My message for everyone is to stay true to yourself, do not let people around you change just to fit the image they have for you. Your life is your business, no one else's."

- Mostafa

"Have a wonderful and safe Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hope 2022 will be a great year for you all!"

- Chloe

"I want to thank all of you for being my friend. I hope that when you talk to me, that I have made you smile if just a little. Sometimes I don't know how the person looks on the other side of the screen, but I hope that if you're having a rough day that talking to me helps if just a little. I hope that we can talk again in 2022. Thank you for all the memories and see you all in 2022. Let's make 2022 the best year of all of our lives."

- JJ

From me, my fam and my mates, have a tropica-shiny and deliciously New Year to all of you! Always keep being awesome and kicking, and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment