Monday, August 31, 2020

GAsh Day Special Appreciation Thread

 


Hello~! I just wanna greet first a happy birthday to two of the most notable yet special people in the idol community, Ash Garcia and Gabb Skribikin! And because of that, I prepare a special post for them.


Ever since I reignite my love for idol groups specifically the 48g when MNL48 was formed two years ago, I quickly began to support them regardless of generation and this was my proper reintroduction to the aforementioned following a year hiatus. I followed the journey via It's Showtime yet not really much due to other errands, so it was the 1st Senbatsu General Election took that thing to fully support the group. To make the long story short, one of the members that took my attention and it was Ash aka my first kami oshi in Emenel. Not only because she's my mutual mate in real life or we have the same hobbies, but because I've seen her as an idol with infinite potentials. Therefore, she was installed as one of Emenel's original members as well as part of the first gen kami 7 (though a semi-original when she took over from Zen Inot due to the latter's early graduation prior to "Aitakatta - Gustong Makita") and senbatsu. It took only a year before she finally returned to the same lineup through the 2nd SSK this time, and subsequently became part of the 2nd gen senbatsu with "Ikaw ang Melody" being her last single within the group.





Gabb, my original ni-oshi-turned-current kami on the other hand, is credited as planet Earth's first idol with disabilities (IWD) due to being partially deaf as well as also part of the first and second gen senbatsu. Not to mention, her representation has paved way to other people with disabilities who wanted to be part of any field even further, including the idol group industry, and as a PWD myself (visually disabled), I'm really proud to have her to be part of the world's super girl group even up to this day. She also broke barriers when she was choosing to be centered "High Tension" during the "Ikaw ang Melody" handshake event day one on September 21, 2019, which sparked fans with joy. Later, Gabb was picked again this time for the upcoming single "RIVER" which was double centered with Abby Trinidad and yet that caused mixed reactions!



Honestly I had a lot of memorable moments with GAsh whether in events or mall shows, and in or out of Emenel, but there was one thing that totally marked not only me but to the other fans was the "Señorita" performance during the August seitansai last year and EVERYBODY HAD GONE WILD inside the Movie Stars Cafe!!!! And yeah, I was in an intense fangirl mode when these two gave some wholesome fanservice while performing. Damn that was hot indeed! I still couldn't get over it when that song was played on the radio and on YouTube for several times, but anyways it's really there hehe. Also, the handshake events and mall shows were among my best moments from the two which showed about being totally cherished and supported for them.


Again happy birthday to both Ash and Gabb! I wish for many birthdays and blessings to come for them, their friends and their loved ones, always stay classy and kicking, and always stay safe.



Do you have any moments from the GAsh duo and what are those? Comment below, on my FB page or on my Twitter @goddessyk13.

No comments:

Post a Comment