Thursday, July 30, 2020

#YKCosplay Corner: Pikario/Rio Kuroki (KiraKira PreCure A La Mode)


Welcome to another newest segment of Yona's Blog called #YKCosplay Corner! And for its debut, I'm going to discuss about the birthday boi himself, Pikario/Rio Kuroki from KiraKira PreCure A La Mode. But before that, let me do a brief profile about Rio and why I choose him as my most recent crossdressed cosplay.

He's the younger twin brother of Kirarin/Ciel Kirahoshi aka Cure Parfait, who has an aspiration in using sweets-making to bring happiness to everyone. However, our poor waffle boi got actually brainwashed by Noir before the season started due to having a personal hatred towards his twin sister, thus he was under the name of Julio. But Rio's redemption started when he took the hit for Ciel, which led the latter to become Cure Parfait, then a few episodes since he got a deep coma, he rose again thanks to the temporal powers gave by the late Cure Lumiere and aid the KiraKira Cures during the doomsday in Ichigozaka. Finally, the twins had made a full reconciliation and restarted their relationship on the episode afterwards.


Anyways, the reason why I chose Rio as the third character from the Pretty Cure series to be cosplayed is because not only I somewhat related to him in terms of experiencing sibling envying, but also I like how he slowly but steadily corrected his past mistakes and wanted to reconcile with Ciel by restarting their twinning relationship completely thanks to their new friends. Also, IchiRio are one of my favorite ships in the fandom, so it's a bonus reason to do so tee-hee!

Well, happy birthday to both Ciel and Rio! I hope they have a fantastic day and keep making sweets always.

What do you think about my Rio Kuroki cosplay? Any adjustments to improve it for future cons and shoots? What is your wish for the mascot twins? Comment down below, on FB page or on my Twitter @goddessyk13.

Photos © Mickey Julian, Daryl Fabonan and Jei Evangelista.

No comments:

Post a Comment