Monday, May 25, 2020

CON REVIEW: Pinoy Otaku Festival 2017 [05-20 to 21-2017]



Welcome to the 2nd part of my Pinoy Otaku Festival highlights and today I'm gonna share my experiences about its 2017 edition, also with the title "Danketsu." It was also the con that had some firsts since I first attended in the previous year:

- first to debuted two new cosplays in a con (Haruhi Fujioka and Kobayashi)
- first to attend both days
- first to have and attract more new friends
- among the firsts to join its first Your Cosplay Sounds Familiar karacon

In addition that POF made its new venue in Fairview Terraces for that year and 2018, it had the biggest number of attendees since its first inception in 2011, roughly more than 3000 of them, and it had newest activities including the Your Cosplay Sounds Familiar contest.




I didn't expect not only for the number of attendees nor the new activities but also some peeps had quickly recognized both of my Haruhi-kun and Kobayashi cosplays and yep, I sang "Sakura Kiss" by Chieco Kawada for YCSF and made an unexpected intermission dance to the tune of fhana's "Aozora no Rhapsody" performed by my boi Bien for the actual karacon. Didn't expect the crowd aura but I really enjoy it, I won them out after all on both contests. 😁


Overall it was a blast and in case you missed it and curious about the con, you can check my 2-pt vlog about POF 2017 on my FB page.


And that was the 2nd part of my POF experience!

Photos © Fred Itachi, Goki

No comments:

Post a Comment