Thursday, May 28, 2015

An Introduction

Gokigen yo (Good day), everyone! 

I am Jossa Jireh Louise Garbo Manalili, known as the cosplay name Yona Kuromatoki (after the Japanese seiyuu, Tsubasa Yonaga, and a combination of Bleach's Ichigo Kurosaki, Naruto's Naruto Uzumaki and GinTama's Gintoki Sakata) and the admin name Keiko (after Megumi Han's mom, Mrs. Keiko Han, and Keima Katsuragi's cross-dressing form in The World God Only Knows: Goddesses). I'm 21 years old from Quezon City, the Philippines; currently in college at the AMA University taken up Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication who dreamed of becoming a journalist someday as well as being an otaku for more than 15 years and a cosplayer for more than 5 years.


Myself cosplaying as Seiji Sagara from Happiness Charge Pretty Cure!, the 11th season and the 9th generational installment of the longest-running Pretty Cure anime series.

Apart from these, I was also a congoer since 2007 (my first otaku event I attend is Hataw, Hanep Hero 3 organized by ABS-CBN's Filipino dubbed anime channel that is Hero TV), but I wasn't able to attend various events actively (due to financial difficulties) until late 2013 when I attended the Ozine Fest Anime Figure Special for the first time and during that time whenI personally met my co-admin of the All Pretty Cure Facebook page that is Arvee Andaya-senpai and became good real world friends. From then on, I instantly put all of the budget and attended various cons such as ToyCon, the Philippine Cosplay Convention, Cosplay Mania's Torch and recently, JapAnime, as well as attending various photoshoots within my territory and hopefully, reaching throughout Metro Manila and the outside of it in the future.

Official art of the 40 Pretty Cures in the recent Pretty Cure All-Stars: Haru no Carnival movie. The Pretty Cure series is the only longest ongoing anime that I've watched so far. Currently taking its 12th season and the 10th generational installment that is Go! Princess as well as doing a mountain-like episodes marathon from Max Heart to Fresh! (Source: Toei Animation)

While almost a lot of otakus are in the Naruto, One Piece and Detective Conan fandoms, I have the Pretty Cure (or PreCure) series being the only longest ongoing anime that I've currently watched so far. I've been a fan for more than 8 years (turning 9 this November 2015) and my first season of it was the Filipino dubbed Futari wa Pretty Cure which then aired on Hero TV, but went on a hiatus afterwards. And in 2008, I came back to the fandom by discovering new Cures, mascots and everything in between via the internet, then almost two years later in 2010 when Heart Catch! was aired, I've finally made a comeback in watching Pretty Cure with a full swing, but in English sub, up to this day. In 2012, I started to collect various Cure-related items at a Japanese store along Frisco (nickname for San Francisco Del Monte) in QC which is a few meters away from my home in East Riverside St., Brgy. Paltok - from the DX toy versions to the promo cards. 

Then, another milestone that changed my Pretty Cure fandom forever when I decided to cosplay Seiji Sagara from Happiness Charge Pretty Cure! on July 2014 a few days after the airing of its episode 25 by taking up his summer outfit forn and since then, it went some major changes until I got the red hood and the dark forms which are officially debuted in December 2 of that year and just last March 7 of this year respectively; followed by Cure Fortune's big sis, Maria "Cure Tender" Hikawa, in karategi form during GTMACCON 2014 and Red's black sweater and red pants form during last year's Ozine Fest AFS. Right now, I'm working with Yui Nanase's spring outfit form from Go! Princess shortly after she learned about the Princess Cures' identities as part of my priority cosplans for this year. So, I'm sure all of you will expect to see the youngest Pretty Cure helper in that franchise very soon. :3

Outside my career as an otaku, a cosplayer and the current head admin of the largest Pretty Cure fan-based page on FB, I'm an ordinary human who seeks nothing but the truth yet prays to G (nickname for God by Janella Salvador from Be Careful With My Heart and the current Oh My G!) in every path I take and attends masses every Sunday. Neutral when it comes to political and social issues around Earth, yet believes that there's still a good thing in every person no matter how cruel this planet is right now. Since I'm partially disabled (due to eye complications in result of being near-sighted since childhood), I usually do some household chores every weekends during work or school is done and weekdays on a vacation or holiday, cook some food, studying, internet surfing and mostly bonding with my mom, two niisamas and my foster uncle yet sometimes having misunderstandings due to various reasons or things.

In case you guys don't know, my personal dream of becoming a journalist was all started during my last year of high school. At first I was too confused on how to write a certain article until I've got pass the activity as part of a ticket to represent my high school alma mater in an inter-school journalism contest. However, a day after Ninoy Aquino Day in 2009, I've got disqualified in the said ticket due to not showing up despite of trying to talk to my past teacher that I have something important to do on that day. Then I went home, crying out loud, almost giving up of my dream in becoming a journalist (similar to Haruka Haruno when she was almost gave up in becoming a princess due to bullying). So that was the real reason why I took up AB MassCom (or Masukomi as Miyo and Mika Masuko said) as I entered college because I may be not good in speaking, but writing was my top forte in delivering news to all walks of life.

And that was it for my intro! Oh, before I almost forgot that most of my random stuff are usually posted and shared on my personal FB account! I may not be promised you, but feel free to have some feedbacks and comments. Plus, to wrap up, I'm gonna greet you this:

Maligayang pagdating sa The Grand Duchess' E-Diary (Welcome to The Grand Duchess' E-Diary)!

No comments:

Post a Comment